One of the things I miss about California is the abundance of good, fresh restaurants. Pickins are slim here in the smallish town of Grass Pants, Oregon. It has made me a pretty decent home cook though because I've learned to make a lot more dishes myself. While at the library yesterday, I was delightfully surprised to find the cookbook of one of my favorite restaurants, @true _food_kitchen . Their simple kale salad is something I get every time and now I can make it at home! 💃😋 🌟 RECIPE:
-1 bunch Lacinato (Dinosaur) kale - 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- red chili pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup toasted bread crumbs 🌟 In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, levoo, garlic, red chili flakes, salt and pepper.
Rinse and tap dry kale leaves and remove stems. Cut leaves into ribbons. Add to a large bowl.
Pour dressing over chopped kale and add half of the cheese, if using. Toss to coat evenly. Top with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs, if using. 🌟This salad tastes best the next day, after the kale has had time to soften. If serving the same day, use your hands and gently massage the clean kale prior to adding the dressing.